Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Inc. (NYSE:ARE) is an urban office REIT uniquely focused on world-class collaborative science and technology campuses in AAA innovation cluster locations. Alexandria pioneered this niche in 1994 and has since established a dominant market presence in key locations, including Greater Boston, San Francisco, New York City, San Diego, Seattle, Maryland, and Research Triangle Park. Alexandria is known for its high-quality and diverse tenant base. Alexandria has a longstanding and proven track record of developing Class A assets clustered in urban science and technology campuses that provide its innovative tenants with highly dynamic and collaborative environments that enhance their ability to successfully recruit and retain world-class talent and inspire productivity, efficiency, creativity, and success.
We are seeking a Business Technology Support person in our San Francisco office. The incumbent will be a highly skilled individual who is well organized and self-motivated, and has the ability to deliver exceptional customer service skills.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex (including sexual or gender identity), religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, age, marital or veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or medical condition. For additional information on Alexandria, please visit www.are.com.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Perform troubleshooting and identification of problems relating to PC's, devices, network and business applications
* Engagement throughout the lifecycle of a ticket; including research and communication of status to users
* Working with other IT staff to manage ticket assignments and issue resolution
* Working with Systems Engineers, Information Security and Business Analysts to resolve/escalate problems
* Research various problems to provide appropriate responses to end users, be able to do basic troubleshooting and assist users through simple procedures
* Monitor Business Technology Support queue (phone, voicemail, e-mail and ticketing system) for support inquiries
* Provide basic administration of accounts and passwords
* Provide business applications support.
* Mobile device management using centralized control applications (iOS and Android)
* Departmental purchasing to include order creation, receiving and inventory control of equipment/supplies
* Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
* Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a Business Technology Support/Help Desk/Service Desk, or similar role
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects as business needs change.
* Understanding of basic networking fundamentals
* Highly organized and self-motivated
* Passion for teamwork and problem solving
* Be familiar with and capable of supporting and troubleshooting common business technologies, particularly Microsoft products.
* Deliver excellent customer service onsite and via the telephone/remote applications.
* Effectively manage time and resources
* Basic familiarity with AV equipment
* Must be well spoken, organized, detailed-orientated, dependable and flexible
* MDF/IDF experience such as cable patching/punching, access points, hardware replacement, UPS, vendor onsite coordination, circuit support
* Bachelor's Degree, preferred
* Microsoft Certified Professional certification (or higher) is a plus but not required
* CISCO Certified Network Associate certification, is a plus but not required